Kiri Toffee (Milk Toffee)
1 hour, 10 minutes
A traditional Sri Lankan treat - Milk Toffee usually vanishes in half the time it takes to make it. It's amazing with raisins and cashews. I have also tried making it with walnuts and raisins. Similiar to American fudge but with a harder consistency (should be almost brittle as opposed to toffee like). Great with a cup of tea or coffee and traditionally served as a sweet at the end of meals, tea time, or for festivals/New Year.
- Combine milk, sugar, water and cook on a slow fire until the mixture thickens and goldens.
- Keep stirring until the mixture is a more solid taffy like state.
- Remove from fire and add butter.
- Pour onto a greased tray (shape with wax paper if necessary).
- When cooled, cut into 30 pieces (small 1 inch squares).